14 December 2009

Facebook Friends vs. Friends on Facebook

Confused?  You should be :)  This post stemmed from a conversation I had with M (see Dating is Just like a Netflix subscription) a few weeks ago.  We were discussing her former beaux's interest when he returns to the states from Afghanistan.  Since she and I were in mixed company (read: around people we didn't know) we decided to use the term "Facebook Friend" instead of using the term "F*ck Buddy" (see what I did there?)  And this has caught on like wild fire...well not really, but it's all we use now, instead of the actual term.

Recently, M and I confirmed our friendship on Facebook.  We're "Friends on Facebook", NOT "facebook friends".  Yes, I know it's a simantic argument; however, it's extremely important to say it properly around me, since now I think whenever someone says "Oh that's one of my Facebook Friends" I immediately think "That's a chick I'm totally nailing without consiquence".

Do you guys have any "secret" terms you like to use?


Griffin


P.S. anyone want to be my Facebook Friend?

2 comments:

  1. is there an application process?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes there is a lengthy application. Followed by peer review. Please include a head shot along with your CV. Applications are now being accepted.

    ReplyDelete