31 December 2009

TMI Thursday: Meeting OPM and OPM meets Big Balan

Oh, hi there.  I know I've been gone for the past few days, but I've been on vacation.  I thought the best way to come back from a week off was to tell you a tale of when I met a band, and they met a friend of mine.  As always, mad props go out to LiLu over at Live it, Love it for coming up with this lovely Meme :)

***Alright, folks, you know the rules. Join us all in humiliating the crap out of yourself every Thursday by sharing some completely tasteless, wholly unclassy, “how many readers can I estrange THIS week??” TMI story about your life. Or hell, about someone else’s!




TMI Thursday


So, let's flash back to Monterey, California.  Oh what beautiful scenery!  As a 21 year old, I frequented many bars, and as most guys my age did, I hung out with a crew of gents.  Now you need only know of one of these:  his name "Balan".

We headed out one Saturday afternoon to what was then called "The Long Bar" off of Alverado in Monterey.  The boys slammed a few pitchers of Bud, and things were going well.  Then this band came on stage:



Yes, OPM was performing at "The Long Bar" and sadly, we were the only ones there to see them.  So after a few songs the band took a break and came over to thank us for coming out. *If you'll allow me I'd like to go on a small tangent*

Balan was the sort of fellow to carry Adult Toys with him.  He even bought one to go with his Brittany Spears costume the previous year.  Now this toy, he had dubbed "Big Balan", and he brought it with him to the show, don't ask me why, but he did.

The lead singer comes over, chats with us for a bit, and then prepares to sit down for a few brews with us, that's when it happend.  Big Balan is slammed on the table, covered in beer, and currently resting within inches of the lead singers hand.  Quite an awkward situation (You'll understand in a second).  So, needless to say, the lead singer left our table quickly, and headed for the refuge of the bar.  I won't forget the look on his face...it was priceless.  I suppose it is similiar to your faces when you see this:


photo courtesy of Wikipedia


Yup, that's the same face he made. :)


It's good to be back.  Don't forget to check out Lilu's page for more TMI goodness

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha hilarious!! I need to start carrying one around just so I can recreate that facial expression for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um omygosh! I dunno I certainly would have spit beer outta my mouth! Priceless my friend. And I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where was the guy's sense of humor? I mean, really...

    Gives a whole new meaning to 'packing heat'

    ReplyDelete