25 January 2010

Breaking up is hard

Yeah, this one is a no-brainer.  Over the weekend, I cleared the air with a lady I have been seeing/texting/talking to for about a month. And I have but one thing left to say:



  I'm not good at relationships.  I really have only semi-succeeded once (one that lasted more than 6 months).  I would like to blame it on the trauma that happend to me as a teenager, but I can't really make excuses.

So, who is this mystery lady?  Well she's from New York, has a kick-ass personality, and eyes that make me go all gooey on the inside.

So, why not go for it then?  That question took a long time to answer, after several days of thinking I found the answer, because I suck at relationships.  This is not an exaggeration, most relation have lasted less than 6 months except for 1, and I also tend to write people off.  Case and point, I just broke it off with my best friend of 14 years on New Years Day (Yes D, I'm talking about you, now go crawl in a hole and never come out again). 

I think it's best if I stay single, not because I don't want a relationship (quite the contrary), but because I don't know how to be "in a relationship".  I play mind games with people all the time, and I didn't want to do this to the girl from New York(because I really do care about her), so once I felt like I was going to start them, I had to stop.  I don't like people hating me, but it's bound to happen anyway. 

I wanted to be friends, but she didn't want that.  I totally understand, really I do.  I harbor no ill will.

So, for the girl from New York, I'm sorry.

3 comments:

  1. At least you know you're the problem :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you need to get married.

    Oddly enough, it's mostly about writing people off.

    I'm just sayin.

    Only they live with you, and eat your food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that you can address the problem. Now it's just about getting past it....good luck!

    ReplyDelete