26 March 2012

Let's go back...Way the hell back...to 1998

So, allow me to put the following in context (not that you need much context).  I was trolling the web tonight (like I do on Sunday) and happend across the wayback machine.  So I typed in my old "Geocities" address (the full one, not that short shit they came up with later).  If you want to see the site in it's entirety I'll add a link at the bottom. 

So 31 year old me, and 18 year old me have the same fuckin' problems.  Nothing really changes (except for the minivan...I wrecked it the following summer)


Well, first of all my name is XXXX. I'm currently a senior at Old Mill Senior High School. I'm 18 years old and I drive a mini-van. I've spent the last few years of my life trying to figure out just what I'm doin' here. I've come to one conclusion. I was put on this earth to entertain as many people as I can. I don't want to sound like I try to get attention, that's not what I mean. I try to make people happy by making a fool of myself. Usually it works, only on rare occasions does it backfire.
I play the guitar, and have been playing since I was 16. I love making music, along with playing it. I have the unfortunate ability to sing. Some even go so far as to say that I'm actually good. I doubt that. I feel that I can sing on the ability level of say. . .beginning chorus. I don't try to sing as much as I should. I know that if I want to get better I should sing more, but I try not to.
As of right now I'm in the Old Mill Folk Rock Group. Which is a class that I have taken for the past two school semesters. I have been to a recording studio and participated in an actual recording session. I along with the other members of the group have been through almost all of the problems that go along with trying to make an album, from recording to publicity. All we have to show for it is a tape with four songs on it.
My life consists of four things: sleep, work, school, food. I have no time for a relationship which is what really pisses me off. I've tried several times to get a girlfriend, but it seems to be a futile attempt on my part. I've told myself several times that I'm better off, but I just can't believe it. If I was meant to be 18 and single then I could understand, but I don't think that's what I was meant to be. I want to grow up, have kids, be a dad, and live a long fruitful life with my wife. Only problem...no wife.
I have been here for 18 years, in those 18 years I have: been to Germany, Austria, Italy, England, and different parts of the U.S.; successfully removed my index and middle fingers from my right hand; attempted suicide; almost been killed; and have been in numerous car accidents.

Now an update...
Well I've been to a couple of rock concerts lately, the HFStival was a great time. Green Day fuckin' rocked!! Yes I do have a g/f now, and yes we are kinda steady, we've been seein' each other for about a month now, but have been seriously dating for two weeks. It's kewl, I'm trying to be romantic, but sometimes I just end up acting like an idiot, but hey what can you do when your in love? My life is goin' pretty good right now (knock on wood) On the 15 of june I start a new job working as a camp counselor in Columbia at a day camp. It will be kewl. That's the news for now...

Now another Update... (September 1998)

Well, I'm at college now. It's really kewl, atleast I think so. My roommate is really kewl. We sometimes hang together and drink, but that's neither here nor there. For those of you back home in Millersville and at Old Mill High School, I miss you guys like mad. I'd like you guys to call me sometime. For those of you who don't have my new phone number it's (XXX)-XXX-XXXX. I'd also like some mail, cause now I've got a po box so I need mail in it! My mail addy is:
XXXXX XXXXX Unit 320 Towson University 8000 York Road Towson MD 21252 

P.S. I'm lookin for a drummer and a bassist so I can start a band. let me know if your interested.



and then I found this...



Guess what every body?
I've heard from a friend of mine that this page sux!
Well guess what?
I'm gonna change that right now!
I'm gonna tell you guys a little something about girls!!!! How'd you like that? Well it's actually one of the few subjects of which I know just about nothing. I'll admit that, I am man enough to admit when I don't know something, anyways women are the worlds greatest mystery to most men. Am I right guys? Of course I am! Women! You can't live with them, and your hands get tired without `em. So, what can you do? Here's the solution, you find yourself a fairly attractive girl. Ask her out, go steady for a couple of years and then, get Married. Yes guys that's it you've got to tie the knot or else you'll spend endless nights searching for the perfect female and she's not gonna be there when you need her the most, so for right now just look for a woman who you can talk to and are fairly attracted to. That's my advice. Take it or leave it

1 comment:

  1. Thank God (or whoever) you're still around.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete